Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hail and Welcome!

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on finding your way through cyber space to my little corner of it! You are at the the very first blog post for the Toil & Trouble podcast. A very special occasion for myself. I'd like to tell you a little about what you'll hear and see here at T&T. Oh, my first acronym, yay!

Toil & Trouble, or T&T as I just dubbed it, is a pagan podcast aimed at seekers to all magical paths. I myself, Petra Taneth, am your host and fellow seeker. I've been studying a pagan path for quite some time, but it's all been a very passive sort of study. I read pagan authors, I visit sites like witchvox and paganspace almost daily, I'm an avid podcast listener, but I've hardly ever put what I believe into words or even a daily practice.

It was time to change all that.

Which is what brought about the idea Toil & Trouble, a pagan SEEKER'S podcast. I invite you all to join me as I find my own way on the path and give my own two cents on common practices and ideaologies found within the pagan community. I want to preface that everything on my show, unless stated otherwise, is entirely of my own opinion. I'm doing this as a service to myself and the divine and give it you as listeners as a gift of that service. I'm not here to educate you on how to be a witch, but to give you a look at how one witch is finding her way of being a witch. If you agree with something I say or do, great! Take it and make it your own. If you don't agree with my way, that's great too! You're learning about yourself just as I am. And isn't that a great thing in itself?

I believe strongly in the learning power of books, and will most likely refer to those that I'm reading quite a bit. I feel that even a book that I don't agree with at all I can be a tool for learning and insight into one's self, and due to the fact that I'm started this journey as a solitary, books will prove to be a major learning tool for me. But once again, this is my own opinion about books and you may feel differently.

In the first episode, I plan to go a bit more in depth about myself, what I want this podcast to achieve, topics I plan to discuss and explore, and what first steps I'm taking to forge my own path. There's also probably going to be much more than that in the first episode, but I'm not sure what that is yet, I'll let the muses guide me! I hope to get the episode recorded, edited and uploaded within the next week or so. So stay tuned and keep your ears open for the next big thing to hit pagan podcasting, Toil & Trouble!

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo